Strength, low impact
• Keep the knees close together on the floor with hands firmly on the ground, shoulder-width apart.
• Engage your core, glutes and hamstrings and flatten your back to keep your body neutral and straight.
• Breathe in and begin to lower your body as one unit until your chest nears the floor.
• As you breathe out, push your body up and explode into a narrow pushup position, keeping your upper arms parallel to your sides and elbows pointing straight back.
• Lower your body back down, push your body back up and explode into a wide pushup. That’s one repetition.
• Remember to breathe!
• Keep a neutral neck by gazing down at the floor.
• Avoid arching your lower back or stick your butt up in the air at any point during the move.
• Draw your shoulder blades back and down, keeping your elbows tucked close to your body.
• Don’t rush the moves, ensure proper form throughout.
You should feel your:
• Chest, shoulders, triceps, back and core.