Cardio, Low Impact
• Stand directly behind the stepper, with your feet shoulder-width apart, arms overhead.
• Place your right foot on the step. Push through your right heel, balance, and lift your left leg off the ground, bringing the left knee up to the chest, cross and touch the right elbow, as you lower your right arm simultaneously.
• Hold for a count, then slowly lower your left foot back to the ground, bring your right arm overhead and step your right foot off the stepper, into starting position.
• Repeat this action, on the other side, alternating the leading leg each time.
• Keep your back straight and your abdominal muscles tight.
• Make sure your foot is planted entirely on the stepper.
• Keep your movement smooth and controlled.
• Aim to bring your knee high up, instead of lowering your arm too far down.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hamstrings and quads, arms and core