Cardio, core, low impact
• Stand tall with your feet slightly wider than the shoulder-width apart, toes pointed forward. Hold your arms up to a 90° angle. That’s your starting position.
• Twist your body and bring your right elbow down and across your body. At the same time lift your left knee up as high as you can across your body to meet the right elbow.
• Hold for 2 counts, return to starting position and repeat the movement on the opposition side. That’s one set.
• To activate more oblique muscles perform slow and controlled movements. Try to really squeeze the abs.
• Keep both arms up all the time to activate the shoulders.
You should feel your:
• Abs, obliques, hip flexors, thighs, glutes, quads and shoulders.