• Stand tall with your feet shoulder-width apart and pointing straight ahead. Hold a dumbbell in front of your body. The arms should hang freely during the first part of the movement.
• Start to lower your body back as far as you can by pushing your hips back and bending your knees to 90°, pushing your body weight into your heels.
• Raise the dumbbell above your head, keeping abdominals engaged and elbows soft, shoulders relaxed and down; squeeze glutes as you raise the dumbbell above your head, pause and lower to starting position.
• Repeat this exercise for the desired number of repetitions.
• Keep your chest up, back flat and look ahead.
• Avoid rounding your shoulders and back.
• Do not let your knees collapse to the inside or go over your toes.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hamstrings and quads.