lower, strength, low impact
• Stand tall with your feet shoulder-width apart and pointing straight ahead, arms by your sides.
• Start to lower your body back as far as you can by pushing your hips back and bending your knees to 90°, pushing your body weight into your heels.
• Return to a standing position and shift your weight into your left to perform a front kick with your right leg (lift your right knee and extend your right knee to straighten your leg)
• Return your right foot to the floor, squat down again and perform the left front kick. That’s one repetition.
• Repeat and alternate between each leg.
• Keep your chest up, back flat and look ahead.
• Avoid rounding your shoulders and back.
• Do not let your knees collapse to the inside or go over your toes as you squat down.
• Kick using the force from your heels.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hamstrings and quads.