lower, strength, low impact
• Begin by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart, arms by your waist.
• Step your right foot forward into a lunge, raise your arms overhead so that your palms face one another. Engage your abdominal muscles, arch your back slightly and look up.
• Then press through your right heel to return to the starting position, repeat and alternate between the left and right leg.
• Keep your chest up, back straight and look ahead.
• Avoid leaning your body forward or backward.
• Do not let either heel turn inward. Keep feet in line with the legs.
• Your knees shouldn’t go pass your toes.
• The back heel should always be lifted slightly.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves.