Core conditioning, low impact
• Lie face down with your forearms on the floor and your elbows directly beneath your shoulders. Keep your feet flexed with the bottoms of your toes on the floor.
• Rise up on your knees so that only your forearms and knees touch the floor, your body should hover a few inches off the floor in a straight line from shoulders to knees.
• Engage your core and flatten your back to keep your body neutral and straight. Look at the floor to keep your head in a neutral position and breathe normally.
• Hold the pose for 20-30 seconds. As you get stronger, try to hold the plank for longer periods of time, or rise onto your toes.
• Don't lift your hips too high or arch your lower back. Your body should form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles.
• Do not hold your breath! Breathe normally.
• Your shoulders and elbows should be parallel.
Your should feel your: