lower, strength, low impact
• Begin by lying on your back with your hands by your sides, straight your right leg with toes pointed forward and bend your left leg with foot flat on floor.
• Keeping your thighs squeezed together throughout, raise your hip off the floor, while pushing down through your left heel to create a straight line from your knees to shoulders.
• Then cross your right foot under your left thigh, release and extend the right foot forward. Slowly lower your hips one-inch away from the floor and repeat.
• Complete the desired number of repetitions, then repeat the exercise with your left leg off the floor and crossing under your right leg.
• Keep your shoulders on the floor to protect your neck.
• Make sure you are driving straight up and that your knees aren’t caving in.
• Do not hyper-extend your back as you reach the top of the movement.
• Imagine there’s a vertical string pulling your belly button straight up.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hip flexors, hamstrings, quads and abs.