lower, strength, low impact
• Begin by standing tall with your feet shoulder-width apart and pointing straight ahead, arms extended out horizontally.
• Keeping your weight in your right foot, take a big step back with your left leg, crossing it behind your right leg.
• As you lower your hips towards the floor, bend from your waist, lean back slightly and touch your left ankle with your right hand.
• Return to the starting position and repeat on the other side. That’s one rep.
• Keep your chest up, back straight and look ahead.
• Avoid leaning your body forward or backward.
• Do not let either heel turn inward. Keep feet in line with the legs.
• Your knees shouldn’t go pass your toes.
• The back heel should always be lifted slightly.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hamstrings, quads, calves and obliques.