lower, strength, low impact
• Stand tiptoe with your feet close together and your toes slightly turned outwards. Place one hand on the chair for support.
• Start to lower your body and bend your knees outwards, keeping your feet tiptoe.
• Go as low as you can and lift yourself back up to standing, keeping your feet tiptoe at all times. Repeat.
• Keep your chest up, back flat and look ahead.
• Avoid rounding your shoulders and back.
• Squeezing the glutes at the top of the movement to engage the muscles.
• Stand tiptoe to engage the calf muscles.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hamstrings, quads, inner thighs and calves.