Cardio, low impact
• Stand with feet staggered, left foot forward, right foot back, slightly wider than hip-width apart and toes pointing forward. Your body weight should be distributed equally between both feet.
• Make fists and place your arms bent in front of you at about chin level. Squeeze your shoulder blades together, back straight and engage the abs.
• Starting with the right knee, lift your right knee up, bending the knee back, toes pointing down and really sharpen up the point of the knee. Pushing from your hips, strike the right knee forward.
• You want to make sure that you rise up onto the ball of the balancing foot. Then bring the leg back down to starting position and repeat on the left knee. That’s one rep.
• Keep repeating by alternating legs.
• Keep your chest up, back flat and look ahead.
• Tilt your body back slightly and use the power from your hips to drive your knee forward.
• Tighten your core to keep you balance.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hamstrings, quads and hip flexor.