It's snack time! Who doesn't like snacks? I love my snacks and I have snacks everyday. I have got a huge variety of snacks and all of these are under 100 calories! Who say we can't have a low calorie snack yet it's full of nutrients and it is really healthy.
Let's start with the first recipe,
1) Homemade Granola bars (on-the-go)
Ingredients (Serves 18)
- 30g (2.5cups) of unsweetened puffed wheat cereal (30g) = 116cals
- 67.5g (3/4 cup) old-fashioned rolled oats= 251 cals
- 50g of raisins chopped = 152.5cals
- 150g of honey = 495cals
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50g of dark chocolate chips or finely chopped dark chocolate = 237.5cals
Total cals = 89.5cals per bar
1. Add puffed wheat, oats, raisins into a bowl and mix.
2. Gently heat up honey and vanilla extract. Don't cook it, just warm it up.
3. Once the honey is heated, poured honey mixture over dry ingredients and mix it up. Make sure the dry ingredients are coated with honey mixture.
4. Allow the sticky mixture to cool down for 5 minutes.
5. Add in your chocolate chip to the mixture and mix it up.
6. Pre-heat oven to 150 celsius / 300 fahrenheit.
7. Transfer the mixture into a tray (with parchment paper) and press it down evenly.
8. Put it into oven and bake until the top is golden brown (about 30-35 minutes)
9. After bake, let it cool for an hour and cut them into small bar.
2) Garlic roasted Chickpeas nuts (Muncher)
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1tsp of olive oil: 40cals
- ½ can of drained chickpeas (about 120g): 144cals
- ½ tsp of garlic powder (for flavour)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Gently pat rinsed chickpeas dry, then toss with olive oil to coat well
- Spread chickpeas on a single layer on a baking tray. Sprinkle well with garlic powder.
- Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until crunchy, gently shaking once or twice to turn.
Total cals = 92cals per serving
3) Carrot sticks With salsa (Cruncher)
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- Carrot sticks (100g) = 41cals
- Hummus (2tbsp / 30g) = 20cals
Total cals = 71cals
4) Hardboiled eggs (Protein Pack)
1 large egg = 78 cals
5) Blueberries Yoghurt Parfait (Cream Lover)
- 100g Greek / low fat yoghurt = 60 cals
- 70g of fresh blueberries & Strawberries = 25cals
- ½ tsp of honey = 12.5
Total cals = 97.5 cals
**You may choose any other favourite fruits.
6) Crackers with soft cheese spread & Ham (Savory)
- 1 cracker = 33 cals
- Soft Cheese (15g) = 23cals
- 1 slice of thin ham = 20 cals
Total cals = 76cals
7) Frozen Yoghurt Ice Cream (Ice Cream lover)
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 8 ounces of greek / low-fat plain yogurt (225g) = 146.25 cals (100g=65cals)
- 100g of sliced peach = 39 cals
- 100g of sliced banana = 89 cals
- 1 tbsp of honey = 49cals
- Add all the ingredients into a smoothie blender and blend until all ingredients are smooth.
- Place the mixture into 6 lollipop moulds.
- Allow them to freeze in the freezer over night.
Total cals = 54cals per bar
8) Chocolate coated banana with shredded coconut (Chocolate Lover)
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 2 large bananas (about 200g) = 178cals
- 75g of dark chocolate pieces = 360 cals
- 1 tbsp of Coconut = 40cal
- Slice one banana into 3.
- Place chocolate pieces in a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a pan of gently simmering water. Stir just until melted.
- Dip each banana into the melted chocolate Sprinkle with peanuts or coconut and set on prepared baking sheet
- Refrigerate until chocolate is firm or about half an hour.
Total cals = 100cals per stick