Most of the diet plan out there focuses on weight loss, but there are quite a number of you who has been requesting for a WEIGHT GAIN meal plan. The truth is, gaining weight can be more challenging compared to lose weight.
The 1st rule is you need to eat A LOT more than what you're currently consuming. But that doesn't mean you should be eating junk food because your body needs proper nutrient to grow your muscles in a healthy way.
An average female needs between 1600 - 2000Cals a day to maintain her weight. To gain weight, you need between 2000 - 3000Cals a day depending on your body composition & activity level. I've put together this meal plan which is above 2000Cals.
BREAKFAST - Overnight Oats (serves 3)
1) 1½ cups Rolled Oat
2) 1½ cup Whole Fat Milk
3) 2 tbsp. Peanut Butter
4) ¼ cup Goji Berries
5) 1½ tbsps. Chia Seeds
6) 3 medium Bananas
Per Serving: 490Cals, 74.7g Carbs, 17.2g Protein, 15.4g Fat
1) In a bowl, mix oats, milk, peanut butter, goji berries and chia seeds together.
2) Transfer the oat mixture equally into 3 separate jars.
3) Place the jars in the fridge overnight.
4) The next morning, top it up with banana.
LUNCH - Salmon Spinach Frittata (serves 3)
1) 9oz (255g) Raw Salmon
2) 225g Frozen Baby Spinach
3) 6 large Eggs
4) ½ cup Cherry Tomatoes
5) 1 Bell Pepper
6) 1 medium Onion
7) ½ tbsp. Olive Oil
8) 60g Grated Parmesan Cheese
9) 200g Sweet Potatoes
10) 1.5 Avocado
11) Salt and Pepper to taste
Per Serving: 694Cals, 33.2g Carbs, 45.5g Protein, 44.8g Fat
1) Pre-heat the oven to 180° Celsius / 350° Fahrenheit.
2) Cubed the salmon fillet and chop up all the vegetables.
3) Add oil into a pan and cook the onion until fragrant and lightly brown.
4) Add in the salmon fillet and cook until slightly pink.
5) Then add in the frozen spinach and allow it to cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
6) In the meantime, in a separate pan, boil the sweet potatoes until soft.
7) Once the spinach has thawed, add in the cherry tomatoes and bell peppers and allow all the ingredients to cook for another 2 - 3 minutes.
8) Transfer into a square baking dish.
9) In a bowl, whisk all the eggs.
10) The pour the eggs onto the mixed ingredients until its fully covered.
11) Sprinkle some grated cheese all over the dish.
12) Bake it for 30 minutes until the egg is firm and fully cooked through.
13) Serve it with the boiled sweet potato as well as half an avocado.
DINNER - Black Bean, Coconut & Rice (serves 3)
1) 1 can (240g) Black Beans, washed & drained
2) 200ml Coconut Milk
3) 2 Potatoes, cubed
4) 2 large Carrots, cubed
5) 2 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
6) 1 Onion, chopped
7) 1 Bell Pepper, chopped
8) 1 Garlic Cloves, minced
9) 1 tsp. Mixed Herbs
10) 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
11) ¼ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
12) ½ tsp. Salt
13) 2 - 3 cups hot water
Per Serving – 588Cals, 94.8g Carbs, 15g Protein, 18.4g Fat
1) Chop up all the vegetables.
2) In a large pot, cook the garlic until fragrant and golden brown.
3) Then add in all the vegetables and herbs & spices.
4) Pour the coconut milk and water and mix through.
5) Close the lid and let it cook for 20-25 minutes until all the ingredients are tender and cooked through.
6) Serve it with 1 cup of rice.
SNACKS (twice daily)
1) 40g Almond & Cashew Nuts 234Cals, 16.5g Fat, 13.5g Carbs, 8.1g Protein and
2) a Protein Shake 150Cals, 30g Protein, 4g Carbs, 1g Fat
TOTAL PER DAY - 2160Cals, 116g Protein, 220g Carbs, 95.5g Fat