Here's an updated video on what I eat in a day!! You only need 20 ingredients for all these recipes!! They are absolutely flavourful, simple to prep and wholesome!! I've used healthier cooking methods such as light stir-frying, baking, steaming and boiling. Try them out and let me know which is your favourite dish in the comments below!
Mushroom Egg Muffins (6 servings)
These protein packed egg muffins are one of the best healthy breakfasts and perfect for meal prepping because you can easily make a big batch of them at once and they will keep well in your fridge for up to a week!
1) 6 Eggs
2) 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, diced
3) 1/4 cup Mushroom, diced
4) 1/2 can of Tuna
5) 1/2 tsp. Cajun Seasoning
6) Salt & Pepper to taste
Per Egg Muffin - 94Cals
1) Pre-heat over to 185°C / 350°F
2) Crack all the eggs into a bowl. Stir well.
3) In a seperate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together and season well.
4) Transfer the ingredients equally into 6 muffin cups / tins.
5) Then pour the beaten eggs equally over the ingredients.
6) Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes until the eggs are fully cooked through.
7) Remove and allow it to cool down before removing from the muffin cups.
Asian Salmon Stir Fry (serves 2)
Salmon stir fry is a fresh and flavourful Asian inspired dish. It’s a marvelous meal prep recipe for lunches or dinners. It's paloe, keto friendly and great for those watching their weight.
1) 1 Salmon Fillet, cut into cubes
2) 1/2 cup Green Beans, trimmed & sliced
3) 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
4) 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
5) 1 tbsp. Soy Sauce.
6) 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
7) Spring Onions, chopped
1) In a bowl, combine salmon with 1 tbsp. of soy sauce. Allow it to marinate for 10 - 15 minutes.
2) Pre-heat a pan under medium heat and add 1 tsp. of sesame oil.
3) Cook the garlic cloves until golden brown and fragrant, for about 2 minutes.
4) Then, stir in the marinated salmon and continue to cook for another 5 - 8 minutes until salmon turns pink. You can add a splash of water to avoid the salmon from sticking onto the pan.
5) Once the salmon is about 70% cooked, mix in the green beans and mushrooms. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
6) Transfer to a plate and granish with spring onions. Serve warm.
Soba Noodles & Edamame Salad (Serves 2)
Enjoyed chilled or at room temperature, this soba noodle salad makes a perfect quick and light meal.
1) 90g uncooked Soba Noodles
2) 1/4 cup Edamame, unshelled
3) 1/2 tbsp. Sesame Seeds
4) 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
5) 1 tsp. Chilli Flakes
6) Spring Onions
1) Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the soba noodles for 5 - 7 minutes or until tender, but avoid overcooking it. Drain and plunge into cold water. Drain and pat dry.
2) Trasnfer the soba noodles onto a bowl. Then mix in the unshelled edamame, sesame seeds, sesame oil and chilli flakes. Mix until equally combined.
3) Granish with some spring onions.
TOTAL LUNCH CALORIES - 470Cals
Steamed Soy Ginger Barramundi (serves 2)
A healthy and very delicious way of eating fresh fish! Use any white fish of your choice such as barramundi, halibut or tilapia. Steaming fish helps retain its delicate and lightly sweet flavour. This dish combines the ginger and spring onions to bring out the natural flavour of the fish! What's more, this dish takes just under 20 minutes to make!
1) 1 Barramundi Fillet (about 12oz), or other white fish of your choice
2) 1/4 cup Ginger, finely sliced
3) 1/4 cup Spring Onions, sliced to 1-inch length
4) 2 Small Chillies, chopped
5) 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
6) 1 tsp. Soy Sauce
1) Slice ginger and spring onions into 1-inch length. Chop the small chillis as well.
2) Using a deep plate, arrange some of the ginger and spring onions onto the plate.
3) Then place the fish fillet on top. Arrange the remaining ginger and spring onions on top of the fish. Sprinkle with some small chillis.
4) Finally, drizzle with a little bit of sesame oil and soy sauce.
5) Steam the fish for about 10 - 15 minutes until fully cooked through. Serve warm.
Stir-Fried Mixed Vegetables (serves 3)
Stir-fried vegetable is a quick and easy dish that can be extremely healthy and versatile. It is ideal for using up whatever vegetables you have on hand. Ready in 15 minutes or less!
1) 1 Head Broccoli, cut into florets
2) 1 Carrot, thinly sliced
3) 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
4) 2 Garlic Cloves
5) 1/2 tsp. Sesame Oil
6) 1/2 tsp. Soy Sauce
7) 1/2 tsp. Chili flakes
1) Stay by prepping all the vegetable. Chop the broccoli, carrots, mushrooms and bell pepper.
2) In a pan, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, just for 1 - 2 minutes.
3) Then add the broccoli and carrots, and a splash of water. Cover the pan, and let it cook for 4 - 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
4) Add in the mushroom and bell pepper. Mix in the soy sauce and chilli flakes. Toss all the vegetables together and let it cook for another 2 - 3 minutes.
5) Trasnfer to a plate and serve.
Total Dinner Calories (including 1 bowl of white rice) - 500Cals
All these dish are extremely versatile. You can change the ingredients according to what's seasonal or what's avaiable in your fridge / food cupboard. They are perfect to be consumed on a regular basis. Make them for your family and enjoy these wholesome meals together!