• Begin by standing tall with your feet shoulder-width apart and pointing straight ahead, grab a pair of dumbbells and hold the dumbbells down at your sides.
• Then take a wide step forward with your right leg. Engage your abdominal muscles, straighten your back and look straight ahead.
• Maintain this position as you lower your hips toward the floor by bending your legs to 90°. Continue down until your left knee nears the floor.
• Push your body back up through your front heel and step your left leg forward, lower your hips toward the floor by bending your legs to 90°.
• Switch, repeat the moves and moving forward by alternating between right and left leg.
• Keep your chest up, back straight and look ahead.
• Avoid leaning your body forward or backward.
• Do not let either heel turn inward. Keep feet in line with the legs.
• Your knees shouldn’t go pass your toes.
• The back heel should always be lifted slightly.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves.