Strength, low impact
• Keep the knees close together on the floor with hands firmly on the ground, shoulder-width apart.
• Engage your core, glutes and hamstrings and flatten your back to keep your body neutral and straight.
• Breathe in and begin to lower your body as one unit until your chest nears the floor, while keeping your upper arms parallel to your sides and elbows pointing straight back.
• As you breathe out, push your body back to the starting position. Complete the desired amount of repetitions.
• Remember to breathe!
• Keep a neutral neck by gazing down at the floor.
• Avoid arching your lower back or stick your butt up in the air at any point during the move.
• Draw your shoulder blades back and down, keeping your elbows tucked close to your body.
• Don’t rush the moves, ensure proper form throughout.
You should feel your:
• Chest, shoulders, triceps and core.