Strength, low impact
• Begin by placing your hands shoulder-width apart on a box or bench.
• Slide your butt off the front of the box with your legs extended straight out in front of you.
• Straighten your arms, keeping a little bend in your elbows to keep tension on your triceps and off your elbow joints.
• Slowly bend your elbows to lower your body toward the floor until your elbows are at about a 90° angle. Be sure to keep your back vertical close to the bench.
• Once your butt nears the floor, press down into the box to straighten your elbows, returning to the starting position.
• For an easier version, bent your knees and bring them closer to your hips.
• Keep your shoulders down as you lower your body.
You should feel your:
• Triceps, shoulders and chest.