Strength, Low Impact
• Begin by standing tall with your feet shoulder-width apart and pointing straight ahead, arms by your waist.
• Then take a wide step backward with your left leg. Engage your abdominal muscles, straighten your back and look straight ahead.
• Maintain this position as you lower your hips toward the floor by bending your legs to 90°. Continue down until your left knee nears the floor and touch the floor with your left hand.
• Push your body back up through your front heel and step your front leg back to the starting position. This is one rep.
Complete the desired number of repetitions and repeat with your
• Keep your chest up, back straight and look ahead.
• Avoid leaning your body forward or backward.
• Do not let either heel turn inward. Keep feet in line with the legs.
• Your knees shouldn’t go pass your toes.
• The back heel should always be lifted slightly.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves.