Core conditioning, low impact
• Begin by lying on your stomach with your arms stretched overhead, legs shoulder-width apart, toes pointed.
• Lift your right arm and left leg up off the floor at the same time, as high as you can.
• Hold the pose then lower back down (without actually touching the floor), while simultaneously lifting your left arm and right leg off the floor. That’s one rep.
• Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
• Keep your arms and legs straight during the exercise.
• Keep a neutral neck by looking down at the floor.
• Don’t hold your breath! Pace your breathing.
You should feel your:
• Lower back, upper back and hip extensors.