Core conditioning, low impact
• Begin by lying on your stomach with your arms stretched overhead, legs shoulder-width apart, toes pointed.
• Extend through your entire spine to lift your chest and knees up off the ground.
• Hold for 3 to 5 seconds and slowly pull your elbows back, squeezing your shoulder blades together. Then extend them forward again and lower down to starting position.
• Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
• Keep the movements slow and controlled.
• Keep a neutral neck by looking down at the floor.
• Don’t hold your breath! Pace your breathing.
You should feel your:
• Back and hip extensors.