Cardio, low impact
• Stand directly behind the stepper, with your feet shoulder-width apart, arms by your waist.
• Place your right foot on the step. Push through your right foot and lift your body up until your left foot lands on the stepper next to your right foot, about shoulder-width apart.
• Hold for a count, then slowly lower your left foot to the ground, followed by your right foot. Step up again, beginning with your left foot.
• Repeat this action, alternating the leading leg each time.
• Keep your back straight and your abdominal muscles tight.
• Make sure your foot is planted entirely on the stepper.
• Keep your movement smooth and controlled.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hamstrings and quads.