• Begin with a box of an appropriate height in front of you. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart at a comfortable distance from the box.
• Perform a short squat in preparation for jumping, swinging your arms behind you.
• Jump as high as possible, extending through the hips, knees, and ankles. Swing your arms forward and up.
• Land on the box with the knees bent, absorbing the impact through the legs.
• Jump off the box back to the ground and repeat.
• Always keep the knees bent when landing to absorb the impact of the jump.
• Land on the ball of the feet.
• Pace your breathing.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves.