Strength, low impact
• Get into the standard pushup position with your right hand slightly above the right shoulder and your left hand slightly below your left shoulder.
• Engage your core, glutes and hamstrings and flatten your back to keep your body neutral and straight.
• Breathe in and begin to lower your body as one unit until your chest nears the floor.
• As you breathe out, push your body up into the starting position. Complete the required number of reps and switch to the other side.
• Remember to breathe!
• Keep a neutral neck by gazing down at the floor.
• Avoid arching your lower back or stick your butt up in the air at any point during the move.
• Draw your shoulder blades back and down, keeping your elbows tucked close to your body.
• Don’t rush the moves, ensure proper form throughout.
You should feel your:
• Chest, shoulders, triceps and core.