lower, strength, low impact
• Stand tall with your feet shoulder-width apart and pointing straight ahead, arms by your sides.
• Start to lower your body back as far as you can by pushing your hips back and bending your knees to 90°, pushing your body weight into your heels.
• Then rise back up, straightening the legs completely and lifting the right leg out to the side, squeezing the outer thigh.
• As you step the left foot back into shoulder-width apart position, squat back down again and repeat on the left side.
• Keep your chest up, back flat and look ahead.
• Avoid rounding your shoulders and back.
• Do not let your knees collapse to the inside or go over your toes.
• Raise your leg as high as you can to engage the outer thigh muscles.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hamstrings, quads and outer thigh.