• Begin by standing with feet shoulder-width apart, your back straight.
• Hold your head still, but relax your face and neck, bend your elbows at 90°.
• Pump your arms so your hands travel from “hip to lip”, and keep your arms close to your sides.
• As you pump your arms, keep your shoulders steady but relaxed.
• With each stride, lift your front knee high and straighten your back leg completely to deliver full power.
• Get yourself warm and loose before you start sprinting.
• At the start of your sprint, keep your strides short and quick. Lengthen your strides as you gain speed and momentum.
• Remember to pace your breathing!
You should feel your:
• Hamstrings, calves, quads and glutes.