Core conditioning, low impact
• Lie on your back with legs spread apart from each other (wider than shoulder-width) and extend your hands overhead.
• As you breathe out, tighten your core, lift your arms to the sky and slowly roll and twist your upper body up, reaching your right hand towards your left foot. Hold for 2 counts.
• Breathe in and slowly roll your spine back down one vertebra at a time back onto the mat, back into starting position.
• Repeat and twist to the opposite side.
• If you cannot touch your toes just aim to reach as far as you can.
• The key is to keep your feet on the ground throughout.
• Use your abs and back muscles to curl and uncurl, avoid using your hip flexors and glutes.
• Keep the movements slow, using the abdominals to lift and lower, not momentum. Avoid jerky movements.
You should feel your:
• Abs, obliques and back.