lower, strength, low impact
• Stand in a split-stance with your left foot forward and right foot on the stepper, arms by your waist.
• Maintain this position as you lower your hips toward the floor by bending your legs to 90°. Continue down until your right knee nears the floor then press through your left heel to return to the starting position.
• Complete the desired number of repetitions.
• Keep your chest up, back straight and look ahead.
• Avoid leaning your body forward or backward.
• Do not let either heel turn inward. Keep feet in line with the legs.
• Your knees shouldn’t go pass your toes.
• The back heel should always be lifted slightly.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves.