lower, strength, low impact
• Begin by lying on your back with your hands by your sides, straight your left leg with toes pointed forward and bend your right leg with foot flat on floor.
• Keeping your thighs squeezed together throughout, raise your hip off the floor, while pushing down through your right heel to create a straight line from your knees to shoulders.
• Squeeze your core and glutes right at the top. Hold the pose for 2 counts and slowly lower your hips one-inch away from the floor and raise them up again.
• Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
• Keep your shoulders on the floor to protect your neck.
• Make sure you are driving straight up and that your knees aren’t caving in.
• Do not hyper-extend your back as you reach the top of the movement.
• Imagine there’s a vertical string pulling your belly button straight up.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hip flexors, hamstrings, quads and abs.