Cardio, low impact
• Begin standing to the side of the stepper, with your feet shoulder-width apart.
• Step up on to the stepper towards your left side, with your left foot followed by the right foot.
• The immediately step down off the stepper to your left, with your left foot followed by the right foot.
• Reverse the leading foot, back into starting position.
• Repeat this action, alternating the leading leg each time.
• Keep your back straight and your abdominal muscles tight.
• Make sure your foot is planted entirely on the step.
• Keep your movement smooth and controlled.
• Keep both knees slightly bent and your weight primarily on the balls of the feet throughout the exercise.
You should feel your:
• Hamstrings, quads and calves.