Core conditioning, low impact
• Start on your side with your feet together and one forearm directly below your shoulder.
• Tighten your core and raise your hips up until your body is in a straight line from head to feet, keeping the top arm just by your waist.
• Hold the pose for 20-30 seconds. As you get more comfortable with the move, hold your side plank for as long as possible.
• Repeat on the other side.
• Don’t hold your breath! Breathe normally.
• Engage and tighten your core to maintain balance.
• Don’t let your hips drop.
You should feel your:
• Core, obliques and shoulders.