Strength, low impact
• Get into a high plank position with hands firmly on the ground, slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
• Ground your toes into the floor to stabilize the bottom half of the body. Engage your core, glutes and hamstrings and flatten your back to keep your entire body neutral and straight.
• Breathe in and begin to lower your body as one unit until your chest nears the floor.
• As you breathe out, push your body back to the starting position, release the right hand, gently tap the left shoulder and place it back on the floor.
• Repeat a push-up and tap the opposite shoulder.
• Remember to breathe!
• Keep a neutral neck by gazing down at the floor.
• Avoid arching your lower back or stick your butt up in the air at any point during the move.
• Avoid twisting your body when tapping your shoulder. Your entire body should maintain a straight line.
• Don’t rush the moves, ensure proper form throughout.
You should feel your:
• Chest, shoulders and core.