Core conditioning, low impact
• Sit down with your hands on the mat, elbows bent, one foot on the ground with knee bent and the other foot in the air fully extended.
• Squeeze your core and lean back slightly.
• Raise the leg in the air even higher up until you feel your lower abs contract, then lower it and raise it back up again. Keep the movements small and keep pulsing for a desired number of reps.
• Repeat the exercise on the opposite leg.
• Keep your back straight and your upper body stable.
• Squeeze your abs in and use core strength to stabilize your body.
You should feel your:
• Lower abs, hip flexors and quads.