• Start seated with knees bent and feet flat on the floor and hold a dumbbell in both hands.
• Keeping the spine long (back flat, shoulders back, chest up), lean back slightly and lift the feet a few inches off the floor.
• Hold the dumbbell out in front at waist height.
• Slowly twist the torso to the left, hold for a count, and twist the torso to the right. That’s one rep.
• Keep twisting to the left and right for the desired number of repetitions.
• The movement is not large and comes from the torso rotating, not from your arms swinging.
• Engage your core throughout to keep balance and look towards the direction you’re twisting.
• For an easier version, you can place your feet on the ground.
You should feel your:
• Core, abs, shoulders, upper back and obliques.