lower, strength, low impact
• Begin by standing tall with your feet shoulder-width apart and pointing straight ahead, arms by your waist.
• Then take a big step backward with your left foot. Engage your abdominal muscles, straighten your back and look straight ahead.
• Maintain this position as you lower your hips toward the floor by bending your legs to 90°. Continue down until your left knee nears the floor.
• Push your body back up through your front heel and step your back leg back to the starting position.
• Repeat the exercise by switching the other side, taking your right foot backward. That’s one rep.
• Keep your chest up, back straight and look ahead.
• Avoid leaning your body forward or backward.
• Do not let either heel turn inward. Keep feet in line with the legs.
• Your knees shouldn’t go pass your toes.
• The back heel should always be lifted slightly.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves.