lower, strength, low impact
• Begin by standing in a split-stance with your right foot forward and your left foot back. Engage your abdominal muscles, straighten your back and look straight ahead.
• Maintain this position as you lower your hips toward the floor by bending your legs only as far as you can go. Slowly pulse up and down by about an inch for a set period of time or reps.
• Then press through your right heel to return to the starting position.
• Complete the desired number of repetitions, then repeat the exercise with your left leg forward.
• Keep your chest up, back straight and look ahead.
• Avoid leaning your body forward or backward.
• Do not let either heel turn inward. Keep feet in line with the legs.
• Your knees shouldn’t go pass your toes.
• The back heel should always be lifted slightly.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves.