Core conditioning, low impact
• Lie face down with your forearms on the floor and your elbows directly beneath your shoulders. Keep your feet flexed with the bottoms of your toes on the floor.
• Rise up on your toes so that only your forearms and toes touch the floor, your body should hover a few inches off the floor in a straight line from shoulders to feet.
• Ground your toes into the floor to stabilize the bottom half of the body. Engage your core, glutes and hamstrings and flatten your back to keep your entire body neutral and straight. Look at the floor to keep your head in a neutral position and breathe normally.
• Hold the pose for 2 seconds and back to high plank position. This is one rep. Repeat this exercise for the desired number of repetitions.
• Keep your abdominal and gluteal muscles tight and hips tucked in.
• Don't lift your hips too high or arch your lower back. Your body should form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles.
• Do not hold your breath! Breathe normally.
• Your shoulders and elbows should be parallel.
Your should feel your: