lower, strength, low impact
• Stand with your feet close together and hands close to your body.
• Start to lower your body back as far as you can by pushing your hips back and bending your knees to 90°.
• Return to a standing position by pushing up through your heels. Then step your right foot horizontally to the right into a shoulder-width apart distance.
• Squat back down, rise back up and step your right leg back close together.
• Repeat the movements on the left side.
• Keep your chest up, back flat and look ahead.
• Avoid rounding your shoulders and back.
• Do not let your knees collapse to the inside or go over your toes.
• Squeezing the glutes at the top of the movement to engage the muscles.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hamstrings and quads.