Strength, core, low impact
• Begin by standing in a split-stance with your right foot forward and your left foot back, arms by your waist. Engage your abdominal muscles, straighten your back and look straight ahead.
• Maintain this position as you lower your hips toward the floor by bending your legs to 90°. Continue down until your left knee nears the floor.
• As you come back up, lift your left leg back (as high as you can) and squeeze the glute.
• Complete the desired number of repetitions, and repeat the exercise with your right foot backward.
• Keep your chest up, back straight and look ahead.
• Avoid leaning your body forward or backward.
• Maintain your balance by engaging the core.
• Do not let either heel turn inward. Keep feet in line with the legs.
• Your knees shouldn’t go pass your toes.
• The back heel should always be lifted slightly.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hamstrings, quads, calves and core.