Core conditioning, low impact
• Lie on your back with your body stretched straight out.
• Place your hands under your glutes with palms facing down.
• Contract your lower abs and raise both legs off the ground until they are pointing straight up.
• At this point, lift your hips and glutes off the floor.
• Hold for 2 counts and in a controlled manner, lower the hips, glutes and legs back down close to the floor (but don’t let your heels touch the floor) and raise them back up again.
• Lift your hips just a few inches of the floor.
• Keep your upper body firmly on the floor.
• Keep your legs straight and knees locked throughout the exercise.
• Do not just let your hips and legs fall down. Keep your core tight to slowly lower, while resisting the force of gravity.
• Avoid short jerky movements to gain momentum.
You should feel your:
• Lower abs, hip flexors and lower back.