Core conditioning, low impact
• Lie on your back with your body stretched straight out.
• Place your hands, palms down, on the floor beside you.
• Contract your lower abs and raise both legs off the ground.
• Keep your legs straight and knees locked throughout the exercise.
• Lift until your legs are pointed up towards the ceiling.
• Hold for 2 counts and in a controlled manner, lower down the legs into starting position.
• Keep your hips and shoulders firmly on the floor.
• Do not just let your legs fall down to the starting position. Keep your core tight to slowly lower your leg, while resisting the force of gravity.
You should feel your:
• Lower and upper abs.