Core conditioning, low impact
• Lie flat on your back with your arms by your sides and your palms facing down, your legs straight in front of you, feet together.
• Next, raise your feet off the ground to about a 45° angle, and tighten your stomach muscles.
• With your feet together, swing them in controlled circles clockwise. Aim to draw big circles.
• Return to the starting position by bringing your feet back out in front of you, and slowly lowering them to the ground.
• Then repeat, going counter-clockwise direction.
• Keep the movements slow and controlled.
• You should only lower your legs as far down as you can, within arching and lifting your lower back off the floor.
• Keep your abs constantly contracted throughout the exercise.
• Don’t hold your breath! Breathe as you move your legs.
You should feel your:
• Lower abs and hip flexors.