Core conditioning, low impact
• Get into a high plank position with hands firmly on the ground, slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
• Ground your toes into the floor to stabilize the bottom half of the body. Engage your core, glutes and hamstrings and flatten your back to keep your entire body neutral and straight.
• Move your right hand toward the left as you step your left foot out to the left. Then simultaneously step your left hand and right foot to the left, returning to the plank position. Your hands move together as your feet step apart.
• Reverse directions, taking three steps to the right.
• Keep a neutral neck by gazing down at the floor.
• Tighten your abs and avoid twisting your body. Your entire body should maintain a straight line.
• Don't lift your hips too high or arch your lower back. Your body should form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles.
• Don’t hold your breath! Breathe normally.
You should feel your:
• Core and shoulders.