Strength, Low Impact
• Keep the knees close together on the floor with hands firmly on the ground, slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
• Engage your core, glutes and hamstrings and flatten your back to keep your body neutral and straight.
• Breathe in and begin to lower your body as one unit until your chest nears the floor. As you lower your body, kick your left leg up towards the ceiling and squeeze your left glute.
• Breathe out, lower the left leg and push your body back to the starting position. Repeat the move by kicking your right leg up.
• Remember to breathe!
• Keep a neutral neck by gazing down at the floor.
• Draw your shoulder blades back and down, keeping your elbows tucked close to your body.
• Don’t rush the moves, ensure proper form throughout.
You should feel your:
• Chest, shoulders, triceps, butt and core.