Core conditioning, low impact
• Begin by lying flat on the mat with knees bent and feet firmly planted on floor, grasp a dumbbell with both hands (palms facing up) and raise it over your chest.
• While keeping your upper arms and elbows still, lower the dumbbell in an arc behind your head.
• Raise the dumbbell back to the starting position by extending your arm and pressing up with your triceps.
• Repeat the movement for the desired number of repetitions.
• Be sure to drive shoulder blades into the ground to power the press.
• Focus on controlled flexing and extending the elbow.
• Avoid external and internal rotations.
You should feel your: