Core conditioning, low impact
• Lie on your back with your arms extended overhead.
• As you breathe out, tighten your core, lift your arms to the sky and slowly roll your upper body up into a “C” curve, while reaching for your toes (or as far as you can). Hold for 2 counts.
• Breathe in and slowly roll your spine back down one vertebra at a time back onto the mat, back into starting position.
• The key is to keep your feet on the ground throughout.
• Use your abs and back muscles to curl and uncurl, avoid using your hip flexors and glutes.
• Keep the movements slow, using the abdominals to lift and lower, not momentum.
You should feel your:
• Abs and back.