lower, strength, low impact
• Begin by standing tall with your feet shoulder-width apart and pointing straight ahead, arms by your waist.
• Then take a big step forward with your right foot. Engage your abdominal muscles, straighten your back and look straight ahead.
• Maintain this position as you lower your hips toward the floor by bending your legs to 90°. Continue down until your left knee nears the floor.
• Push your body back up through your front heel and take a wide step by bringing your right leg backward, with your left foot at the back.
• Again, lower your hips toward the floor by bending your legs to 90°. Continue down until your right knee nears the floor then push your body back up through your front heel. Repeat the moves continuously.
• Complete the desired number of repetitions, then repeat the exercise with your left leg forward and backward.
• Keep your chest up, back straight and look ahead.
• Avoid leaning your body forward or backward.
• Do not let either heel turn inward. Keep feet in line with the legs.
• Your knees shouldn’t go pass your toes.
• The back heel should always be lifted slightly.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hamstrings, quads, calves and core