• Begin by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor, arms spread out to the sides holding a dumbbell in each hand.
• Engage your abdominal muscles and glutes, raise your hips off the floor by extending your hips upward while pushing down through your heels to create a straight line from your knees to shoulders.
• At the same time, raise the dumbbells over the chest with your wrists curled slightly inward.
• Hold the pose and release back to the start position by pulling the dumbbells away from each other out to the side. Control the range of motion, stopping it before your elbows hit the floor.
• Repeat the movements for the desired number of repetitions.
• Keep your shoulders on the floor to protect your neck.
• Make sure you are driving straight up and that your knees aren’t caving in.
• Do not hyper-extend your back as you reach the top of the movement.
• Imagine there’s a vertical string pulling your belly button straight up.
• Do not pause or let the dumbbells touch at the top of exercise.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hip flexors, hamstrings, quads, abs, chest, shoulders and triceps.