Lower, Strength, Low Impact
• Begin with kneeling on the floor, both your hands and knees on the ground, knees directly under your hips, and hands directly below your shoulders. Keep your back and neck in a neutral position.
• Keeping the knees in bent position, raise your right leg out to the side and extend your right leg fully until your thigh is parallel to the floor.
• Hold the pose for 1 or 2 counts and slowly return to the starting position.
• Complete the desired number of repetitions, then repeat the exercise with your left leg.
• Keep balanced pressure in the right and left hands, do not lean over to either side.
• Keep the elbows soft and look down at the floor to maintain a neutral spine.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, outer thigh and outer hips.