lower, strength, low impact
• Begin by standing with the feet shoulder-width apart, arms by your waist. Keeping your weight in your right foot, take a big step back with your left leg, crossing it behind your right leg. Engage your abdominal muscles, straighten your back and look straight ahead.
• Maintain this position as you lower your hips toward the floor by bending your legs to 90°. Continue down until your left knee nears the floor then press through your right heel to return to the starting position.
• Complete the desired number of repetitions, then repeat the exercise with your right leg backward.
• Keep your chest up, back straight and look ahead.
• Avoid leaning your body forward or backward.
• Do not let either heel turn inward. Keep feet in line with the legs.
• Your knees shouldn’t go pass your toes.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves.