• Begin by lying on your belly, with the chin on the floor, palms flat on the floor under your shoulders and legs together.
• Pull up the knee caps, squeeze the thighs and buttocks and press the pubic bone down into the floor.
• Without using your arms, inhale and lift the head and chest off of the floor, keeping the neck in line with the spine.
• With your elbows close to your sides, press down into the palms and use the arms to lift you up even higher.
• Drop your shoulders down and back and press the chest forward. Keep the legs and buttocks strong.
• Breath and hold for 2-6 breaths.
• Exhale and slowly lower the chest and head to the floor. Turn your head to one side and rest.
• Do not overdo the backbend
• Keep your legs close together during the entire exercise.
You should feel you:
• Hips, chest, glutes, shoulders and back.